Where to start with this ride report, I am having trouble....it has been a week full of every condition in the book and looks like another similar one lies ahead. Early last weekend was the best and deepest powder I have ridden in over 2 years. Then came the rapid warming turning it all to spring, saturated slush and crust. Out came the sun but the temperatures stayed high, way high, right up to 3000m around Revelstoke. It appears that we have more precipitation in the forecast through the Valentines weekend and we can only hope that freezing levels drop down and it is in the form of snow and not rain. With that in mind, there is going to be a nasty crust to contend with over the next while and will likely be our next big persistent weak layer to be watching. Any precipitation overlying this crust is going to be pretty volatile so make sure you are watching the bulletins closely and paying attention to your surroundings. I think it might be a tough sell to make the drive this weekend if the weather stays greybird. If I had to travel, I would wait for more snow, like at least 50cm and save some money in the mean time.